Wednesday, April 11, 2012

David's Journal (Part 1)

Have you ever thought about people in the Bible journaling? What if some of the books in the Bible are prophets journal...I think if we take a close look at some of the books we will find that more often then not the prophets and writers were journaling. I believe that Psalms was mostly David's journal to the Lord. If you journal then you know that you're writing down your prayers and your thoughts to the Lord, that's what David is doing in Psalms. If we take a look at Psalms 3 we see David crying out to God. Verse 1 & 2 says, "O Lord, how many are my foes! Many are rising up against me; many are saying of my soul, there is no salvation for him in God." If we read this out of context it looks like David is defeated here but if we take a look at verse 3 & 4 it says, "But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head." "I cried aloud to the Lord, and He answered me from His holy hill." We see here that David is crying out to the Lord, saying that his foes are rising up against him, but he knows that the Lord is there for him, he just has to trust in the Lord and he will deliver him. How many times have we cried out to God in our time of weakness? When we feel like our like enemies are rising against us, but just as David did we just need to trust that the Lord can carry us through any situation. I am constantly reminded that there is no problem to big for God to handle, cast all your cares upon Him and he will take care of you every time.

Thanks for reading, and remember,
We're always,
Living In Worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment